How to Use an Air Fryer – 17 Step in Details to Get More Than Just Frying
Yes, you will get to know how to use an air fryer and probably won’t face many problems while using it after finishing the article. Don’t forget to thank me later mates.
Before I further proceed, let me tell you that- it is the new sensations of the cooking appliances. Air fryers are appreciated as the great inventions of advanced technology to enhance the cooking experience in another new level.
It gives the users the best experiences of cooking after learning how to use an air fryer and make the best out of it. It is very important to go through the instruction and user manual to learn about the parts of the appliances and the way it operates.
What Is an Air Fryer, and Do You Need One?
Air fryer is one of the new and innovative kitchen appliances. It uses the technology of convection air for frying, baking and cooking many items within the quickest period of time.
Basically, the prime benefit of the air fryers is to make any kind of fries to the meal with less or no oil. It produces similar results like a deep fryer in a healthier way to enjoy the food without getting fat or extra calories.
The air fryers use hot air and a fan to circulate heat and air all around the cooking compartment. It creates the crispiness of the foods without changing the taste and flavor.
Overall, it is the best alternative for deep fryers and other cooking accessories of the modern era.
What is an air fryer used for? It has a surprising number of uses
There are many uses of air fryers for which users are going crazy for this magic cooking tool. So let’s not wait to let you know about the best uses of the air fryers and how they can save your valuable time and energy.
The most common and effective uses of the air fryers are:
- Air fryers are the best to make crispy fried foods such as french fries, chicken wings, fried fish, and fried chicken etc. with less or no oil at all.
- Breaded foods are the most successful things to cook with an air fryer.
- The unit excels at reheating foods that are already baked, cooked or air-fried.
- Frozen foods are easy to cook in a much better way by crisping up evenly.
- It is also useful for baking cakes, bread etc.
- The unit can also make perfect pizza rolls by intact the goodness on the inside and crispy, fried texture from outside.
- Air fryers are also excellent for making grills and frozen veggies.
Air fryer parts – All You Should Know About
To learn the basics and master in how to use an air fryer it is very important to know about air fryer’s parts first.
As the air fryers differ from brand to brand and model to model, understanding and learning about each and every particular air fryer are mandatory before using it.
Despite the variation of many air fryers models, brands, features, and functions there is three basic part of an air fryer.
- Air fryer base: Air fryer base is the prime component of the air fryer. It is the part where the basket is used.
- Basket of the air fryer: The basket of the air fryer used to make many food items. The fryer basket has round holes or a mesh base. They can differ in various models and brands.
- The basket base: The basket base is the bottom part of the fryer helps to hold and place the basket to make the air fryer work properly. Oil and crumbs fall through the holes of the basket in the basket base.
Both the basket and the basket base are easy to use and clean in the dishwasher. Apart from these three main parts, there are some essential accessories like cake barrel, pizza pan, racks, metal holder, skewer rack, silicone mat, silicone brush, food tong, oil brush etc. are also required to cook and prepare a variety of food items in the air fryer.
They do not come with the actual air fryers so you have to buy them separately according to your needs and enhance your cooking experience.
How to use air fryer? 17 Step to Get More Than Just Frying
As you already know about the part of the air fryer, you are half way there to fully become expert to know how to use an air fryer.
But let me tell you that, if you know how to use an oven it is a simple step to go forward to use air fryers. But you have to go through the manual of the air fryers very carefully for the best use of it.
All the brands and models of the air fryers vary depending on their features, functions, buttons, and operations.
For using the air fryers simply follow the steps to get better with the operating process. There are three main steps to go through to operate the air fryers efficiently. They are:
# Preparation for air-frying
- Set up air fryer in your kitchen: Try to place the air fryer on the heat-resistant counter-top. Then ensure five inches distance with the exhaust vent of the kitchen.
- Pre-heat air fryer: Before starting to cook or make anything preheat the air fryer according to your need and set the timer for 2 or 3 minutes. It will prepare the air fryer ready for making foods.
- Get a kitchen spray bottle: Spraying oil on the food is simple and easy. It also uses less oil on the food compared to drizzling and brushing. Don’t use aerosol spray can on the air fryer basket.
- Use an aluminum foil sling: To avoid the hassle of using air fryer accessories you can easily use a piece of aluminum foil. You need to place the cake pan or baking dish on the foil. Then, by holding the ends of the foil, it will be easy for you to lift the pan or dish and place it into the air fryer basket.
- Use the breading technique. Breading is important for many air fryer recipes. Don’t skip! All the foods need to coat with flour first, then egg and breadcrumbs. Use the breadcrumbs efficiently and press them onto the food with your hands. Because the powerful fan of the air fryer can blow off the breading.
Video by © QVCtv
# While you are air-frying
- Add water to the drawer of air fryer: Adding water will help to prevent grease from getting too hot and smoking in the basket. Follow the step while cooking fatty foods such as burgers, bacon, sausages etc.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. Please do not over-crowd the basket just to cook more food at once. Take time and prepare more batches otherwise, overcrowding will prevent foods from crisping and browning similarly.
- Flip foods over halfway: It is very important to flip the foods and turn them over to cook, bake or fry them evenly.
- Open the air fryer often to check: One of the best parts of air fryers to open the drawer and check the cooking process anytime. This will not interrupt or increase your cooking time at all.
- Use toothpicks: The fan of the air fryer will pick up light foods and blow them around to create a mess. So to secure foods you can use toothpicks to hold the foods down.
- Shake the air fryer basket: Tossing and shaking the basket during the cooking process will re-distribute the food ingredients. It will also help the foods to become more brown and crispy.
- Spray with oil: For ensuring nice texture and crisp, you can spray the food with oil through the cooking process. Just flip the food items and spray the oil in both of the sides as much u need.
Video by © Williams Sonoma
# After air-frying
- Remove the air fryer basket before taking out foods: Another important step is to remove the air fryer basket from drawer after cooking. Otherwise, it will dump all the fat or excess grease onto your plate which is not expected at all.
- Don’t pour away the juices: The drawer below the basket of the air fryer collects a lot of juices from foods. You can use this flavorful liquid as a sauce or de-grease this liquid in a small saucepan on the stovetop to bring the flavor.
- Clean the drawer and basket: The drawer and the basket of the air should not leave unwashed. You should clean them after every meal to avoid the risk of food contamination and the bad smell of the kitchen.
- Make the basket and drawer dry: After washing the basket and drawer, place them back into the air fryer and turn on the air fryer for 2 or 3 minutes. It will make both parts dry and ready for the nest use.
Video by © Philips
All of these steps you need to remember to use the air fryer properly. It will not only provide you ease and comfort but also will guide you better experience to become expert on how to use an air fryer.
Some essential tips which you should never ignore
So here is some quickie final instructions are given to ensure the best possible way to how to an air fryer effectively. Don’t forget them and follow them every time use an air fryer.
- Adjust the temperature of the air fryer depending on the different types of food items.
- Be careful about lightweight food items to prepare on the air fryer.
- Spray water or keep bread on the bottom of the air fryer to get rid of white smoke.
- Turn the air fryer off and check inside the heating element if black smoke comes out.
- Adapt oven recipes mostly to get excellent results.
- Don’t cook raw veggies in the air fryer.
- Don’t cook any food which needs to absorb a lot of liquid in the air fryer.
- Shutting down process of the air fryer is a bit slow, press the power button once and wait for its turn off.
In the end, I am pretty sure that you are already very excited to start using your air fryer right now. Hope that my effort was helpful to inform you all about how to use an air fryer effectively and efficiently.
I think after that you will not face any problem to operate the air fryers. Still, if you face any difficult let me know soon, I will glad to inform you about the solution and solve any of your problems any time.
Till then enjoy and explore your culinary skills with air fryers.